Skip to content
- Published in their blog in 2012.
- Note :
- This post has only parts that have something to do with Gotrek & Felix, not necessarily all the interview.
- According to one of Nathan Long’s blog entries from the end of the year, “I know 2012 was a rough year… The first down-swoop of the year was losing the Gotrek and Felix franchise.” Then when asked to elaborate, he said “It’s been a bit frustrating for me. I’ve been waiting since before Zombieslayer came out for Black Library to make some kind of announcement that I was off the series and Josh Reynolds would be the new writer, but they have never done it. I don’t know why. I would happily have given Josh my blessings and passed the torch, etc, but they didn’t seem interested. As far as I know, the series is continuing with Josh Reynolds at the helm, but they’re dropping the ___slayer titling protocol, and they are not following the storyline I had laid out. The books will now be more a series of stand alone adventures with less continuity. At least that’s how it was explained to me a year ago. It may have changed since then.“
- So according to Long, Josh Reynolds who wrote Road of Skulls, some of the e-books, and one of the short stories in the Anthology, is taking over. However, from Josh Reynolds’ blog — in an entry more recent than Long‘s above statement — when asked if the series (picking up where Long left off at Zombieslayer) will ever continue, Reynolds states “yes, but I don’t know when, and I don’t know who by. At this point, I don’t even know if I’m writing another one. Gotrek & Felix is a fairly important series–if not quite Horus Heresy important, it’s still a big deal. And Black Library want to treat it right. So, for the next year or three, you’re going to get more G&F material, from a variety of writers, but the meta-storyline is going to be on hiatus. It will continue at some point, but as to when–I dunno.” Also: ”My entries in the Gotrek & Felix series will, barring any unforeseen changes (always possible with this sort of thing), only be in continuity with each other. For the record, Road of Skulls follows Charnel Congress. ”
- He also said that Road of Skulls takes places between some stories inside Trollslayer (in his own words: ”If we’re talking continuity, then the only book that counts is Trollslayer. And possibly “Charnel Congress”. Gotrek and Felix haven’t even been to Nuln yet, strictly speaking. They have yet to meet the magnificence that is Thanquol and Gotrek hasn’t even killed the first Boneripper.”)
- He continued: ”More specifically, Road of Skulls is ‘continuity-free’ Gotrek & Felix as the next few G&F books / audio / novellas / etc. will all be continuity-free, with few if any references to other adventures.”
- Note – Conclusion :